Miss Springfield and the Sleep-Eazy Motel are at the apex of the prize list, and many people are wondering whether she’s worth the effort to whack your way to her. There’s a post coming on that (but the short answer is that, on balance, I think she is). You’ve seen the Motel already (and if you missed the post, you can take a look here) – but what exactly does she do when you get her?
Miss Springfield has two quests – a Whacking Day quest and another one that involves an evening with Mayor Quimby (discussing campaign contributions, I’m sure). As she’s a free character, none of her tasks earn at a premium rate but, oddly for the last prize you can win, she has a Whacking Day task that earns you snakes.
Here’s what you’ll be able to send her to do (if you don’t have her already):
|Attempt to whack snakes (outdoors)
|Enjoy an evening with the Mayor (indoors at the Motel)
|Open an event (outdoors at the Town Hall)
|Go for a waxing (indoors at Jake’s)
|Take reading lessons (indoors at the Library)
|Stay in and wash her hair (indoors at the Motel)
|Work it (outdoors)
Unfortunately, she’s a voiceless character, so you won’t be able to hear exactly what she and Mayor Quimby are discussing.
With business as usual in Springfield (although that still inlcludes some extended St. Patrick’s Day business), here’s part 2 of the list of animations that tell you when a character is inside a building.
While you can tap on a building to see who’s inside, the animations are an extra bit of fun. Part 2 covers all the regular buildings currently available from Jake’s Unisex Hair Palace on. You can see Part 1, covering all the buildings up to Moe’s tavern here. Premium buildings will be covered in a separate post.
Jake’s Unisex Hair Palace - there doesn’t appear to be any animation
Springfield Downs - the dog-racing animation runs when the dogs are actually racing and when characters are visiting the track
The Gilded Truffle - the windows on the second floor light up (flickering candles and people having a good time)
King Toot’s - no animations
Police Station - flashing red and white lights
Skip’s Diner - no animations
Luigi’s – smoke rises from the pipes on the roof
Springfield Penitentiary - searchlights
Retirement Castle - no animations
Town Hall - shadows moving in the windows
Muntz House - a raccoon runs onto the roof and chews some electrical wires
Krabappel Apartment - a window on the second floor opens and cigarette smoke is blown out
Channel 6 – the satellite dish rotates (when either someone is doing a task or a program is being made)
Springfield Post Office - the front doors open and mail blows out
Hibbert Family Practice - shadows move in the windows
Springfield General Hospital - the lights on the helipad on the roof flash
Burns Manor - a vulture flies out of the dome and sits on the roof
Pimento Grove - sadly unused, so no animation
Wiggum House - flashing red and blue police lights
El Chemistri - it doesn’t get any use after the level 26 quest, but I’m sure there was animation…
Part 3, focusing on the premium buildings, is still to come.
This walkthrough continues from here, and begins with the completion of Moe’s Tavern and the arrival of Moe and Marge.
Just a reminder on how game levels work: if you play often and have a lot of friends that you visit every day, your XP level may rise faster than your game level. So while the game information says that you get Moe’s Tavern and Jake’s Unisex Hair Palace at level 15 and Springfield Downs at level 16, you may actually get to a much higher XP level before these buildings actually unlock. This is because you need to have unlocked all the other buildings that come before them first.
So, let’s continue the walkthrough (and remember that you need to have kept Homer free as the build finishes):
1. Is there an Al Coholic Here Part 2 Marge is back, but Homer goes for a drink at Moe’s! (8 hours)
2. One in every Flock Reverend Lovejoy may be continuing his tasks during or after the Moe’s Tavern build. At this point he may decide to walk his dog (1 hour)
3. Once you’ve Gone Organic With no food in the house, Marge goes and shops at the Kwikimart (1 hour – you may also get a task just before this to send Marge to Church)
4. I’m Stalking on Sunshine! Now you need to plant a shrub (if you haven’t done so already) so Moe can hide in it and spy on Midge… er… Marge (12 hours – keep Marge free as he finishes if you haven’t already received the prompt to build Jake’s Unisex Hair Palace)
5. Free Band-Aids with every Cut Part 1 Now that Marge is back, someone needs to maintain that hair, so she prompts you to build Jake’s Unisex Hair Palace (24 hours and $29,000 – keep Marge free as the build finishes)
6. Free Band-aids with every Cut Part 2 Marge visits Jake’s Unisex Hair Palace (4 hours – keep Homer free as she finishes)
7. Double Down on She’s a Loser Part 1 Homer prompts you to build Springfield Downs (24 hours and $34,500 – keep Homer and Marge free as it finishes)
Immediately after Springfield Downs completes, you’re asked to place your first bet of $5,000 before you can move on. For a post on winning (or losing) at Springfield Downs, you can go here.
The walkthrough will continue…