St. Patrick’s Day is going on a little longer than most of us expected. While there was an update on Monday US time, it was a little like the pre-St. Patrick’s Day update – with nothing new happening immediately. That means players still struggling to get to level 10 in regular gameplay to build Willie’s Shack had a bit of extra time to do so and still finish the St. Paddy’s Day quest, your Springfield citizens had a few extra days to drink pints of Guinness together at O’Flanagan’s – and Springfield’s rivers remain a nauseating green beyond St. Patrick’s Day itself.
So when will we get our blue rivers back? The best guess based on recent experience is sometime in the afternoon of Thursday, 21 March US time. Apart from re-bluing the rivers, exactly what will happen then is still anyone’s guess – it may be level 27 or it may be an Easter update or it may be both (I’m taking the fight between the Easter Bunny and the Leprechaun in the opening credits of last week’s episode as an indication that an Easter update is still a possibility – but maybe I’m reading too much into it!)
And for those who are still not sure why the rivers are green in the first place, it’s a Chicago St. Patrick’s Day tradition. Here’s a link sent in by Edd explaining everything: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a466465/chicago-river-is-dyed-green-for-st-patricks-day-pictures.html
Despite today’s update, it’s still St. Patrick’s Day in Springfield. (Fruit-Bat-man and the Fruit-Bat-signal are no longer available, though). And that means that if you haven’t completed all 9 parts of the St. Patrick’s Day storyline yet, there’s still time. That also means that if you haven’t got your Shamrock Topiary yet, there’s still time for that, too (it appears at the end of the quest).
But be quick, as there’s no telling when it will end and the rivers will turn blue again (it could be in a few hours for now or it could be later in the week). And don’t forget to look at the St. Patrick’s Day posts page for everything you need to know about this particular event.
The rivers are still running green in Springfield, but it won’t be that long before they turn blue again. Exactly when things get back to normal is anyone’s guess (it could be anywhere between now and Thursday afternoon US Central time). But, whichever way you look at it, there’s very little time left to use your donuts on the limited-time Wishing Well and Leprechaun.
As you can see, readers of this blog were a little more evenly divided over this than they were over Fruit-Bat-Man:
In the end, 51.03% wanted to add the Wishing Well and the Leprechaun to their towns and the remaining 48.97% wanted to hang onto their gold…er…donuts. All the way through, the voting stayed as close as a US presidential election.
There’ll be a new poll next weekend (or earlier if an update doesn’t come quickly!).